2019 4-H Presentations
Join Dare County 4-H on May 16th from 4-5 p.m. to learn more about 4-H presentations!
What are 4-H presentations?
The 4-H Presentations program is an opportunity for youth to learn about a new topic, develop a presentation, and utilize public speaking skills at the County and District Activity Day competitions.
Confident public speaking is a crucial but often overlooked and underdeveloped skill. Developing effective communication skills and techniques provide youth with a positive sense of self and higher levels of self-confidence. This will empower them to achieve and succeed in any situation they encounter. Additionally, presentations are fun! Presentations allow 4-Hers to explore an area that interests them. There are also cash prize opportunities for those who win!
What are the rules?
For this contest, youth ages 8-18, research, write, practice, and deliver a 5-12 minute presentation on a topic of their choice. Youth ages 5-7 can also participate by presenting a 2-4 minute presentation on a subject of their choice. The Dare County 4-H Extension Agent is available to assist youth with presentation preparation such as topic selection, outline, and organization.
The silver and gold winner for every age category in every topic category at district activity day are invited to compete at the state level. Youth from across the state come together to compete for cash prizes! The competition is held on NC State University’s campus.
- View the NC 4-H Presentation Homepage
- View rules, regulations, and the list of potential topics: 4-H Presentation Topic List & Rubric 2019
When are the county, district, and state competitions?
4-Hers have the opportunity to present on the county level at County Activity Day. This will act as a mock run for those that decide to participate at District Activity Day.
Registration Due: May 24, 2019 to Paige Fuselier at email@example.com or 252.473.4290.
- County Activity Day: June 20, 2019 from 1-4 p.m. at the Dare County NC Cooperative Extension office
- District Activity Day: June 22, 2019 from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. at NC State University (transportation provided from the Dare County NC Cooperative Extension office)
- 4-H State Presentations: July 20, 2019 at NC State University during NC 4-H Congress (transportation provided from the Dare County NC Cooperative Extension office)
What is NC 4-H Congress?
Youth ages 13-18 who compete in presentations are invited to join youth from across the state at this exciting leadership event for teens. This is the largest 4-H event in NC! Youth spend several days on NC State University campus developing leadership skills, meeting new friends, attending workshops, and having lots of fun!
- North Carolina 4-H Congress: July 20-23, 2019
To learn more or sign-up for 4-H Presentations, contact Paige Fuselier at firstname.lastname@example.org or 252-473-4290.