4-H Summer Camp
4-H Summer Fun Workshops: June–August 2020 – A summer day camp program hosted by Dare County 4-H for youth ages 5-18. The mission of 4-H Summer Fun is to provide a safe, affordable, enriching environment where youth can learn and develop new skills and have fun while doing it! Students participate in field trips and other hands-on learning opportunities targeting agriculture, horticulture, leadership, citizenship, healthy living, and science, technology, engineering, & math (STEM). More information will be available on March 2, 2020.
Millstone 4-H Camp: June 21–26, 2020 – Dare County 4-H members have the opportunity to attend 4-H Camp at Millstone 4-H Camp in Ellerbe, North Carolina. This all-inclusive residential camp provides an opportunity for kids ages 8 to 14 to participate in canoeing, rock climbing, shooting sports, horseback riding, swimming, arts & crafts, challenge courses, campfires, STEM activities and more, for a week! More information on how to sign up below!
Eastern 4-H Camp: August 2–7, 2020 – Dare County 4-H will also be attending Eastern 4-H Camp in Columbia, North Carolina. The 4-H Summer Camp experience enables a child (ages 8-12) to learn while kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, learning about nature, performing in skits, and even perfecting archery skills. The Eastern 4-H Center does all of this and more…the Team Challenge Course is a great way for campers to improve communication and teamwork skills. Along with well-trained counselors and program instructors, every camper will have memories and friendships that last a lifetime. More information on how to sign up below!
Steps to Sign Up for State Camp:
- Contact Paige Lilley at 252-473-4290 or firstname.lastname@example.org to choose a camp week. Either June 21-26 at Millstone 4-H Camp or August 2-7 at Eastern 4-H Camp. Spots for each camp week are LIMITED, so notifying Paige in advance is essential!
- Fill out the 4-H State Camp Registration Form (call or email Paige first and she will send it to you) and either drop off the registration form with payment at 517 Budleigh Street, Manteo, NC 27954 or mail to PO Box 968, Manteo, NC 27954. We accept cash or check made payable to Dare County 4-H Council. The cost of camp depends on when you submit your registration form and payment. Please notify Paige so she can be expecting the registration form and payment. Camp spots are FIRST COME FIRST SERVED.
- $250 – Due February 28th
- $300 – Due March 31st
- $350 – Due April 30th
- $400 – Due May 31st
- If this is your first 4-H experience, enroll in 4HOnline. 4HOnline instructions can be found here. If your youth was enrolled in 4HOnline last year, follow the instructions to re-enroll for 2020.
- Schedule a time with your doctor to fill out the North Carolina 4-H Overnight Camp Forms. These must be turned in 5 business day prior to your camp week.
- Get excited! Closer to the date, Paige will send a packing list, but for now, check out these Helpful Tips for New Campers and Guardians!