Dare County 4-H Clubs
- The OBX Wave Riders club is for ages 8-18. The club meets once a month during the school year and covers STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) topics!
- The Mini Dirt Diggers club is for ages 5-10. The club meets weekly during the summer and covers gardening curriculum. They manage their own garden plot at the Roanoke Island Community Garden and partner with Mano al Hermano.
- The 4-H Press Corps is a photography club for ages 12-18 that takes pictures at Dare County 4-H events and helps contribute to social media platforms. We are looking for a caring adult leader that is interested in photography to lead this club!
- The Dare County 4-H Marksmanship Club (more information soon!)
Start a 4-H Club!
We welcome the opportunity for additional clubs within Dare County! A club requires at least 5 youth from 3 different families and a caring adult volunteer. Please review the Club Leader Role Description. Clubs can cover a wide range of topics such as science, livestock, horses, service projects, robotics, art, etc.
Check out the North Carolina 4-H Clubs mainpage.
Club Enrollment Forms
- 4-H Club Charter Application
- 4-H Code of Conduct Form
- 4-H Enrollment Form
- 4-H Medical Form
- 4-H Non-Discrimination Letter
- Declaration of Intent to Compete Form
4-H Club Operation Forms
Potential Club Topics (4-H Leaders Needed):
- Goldfish Club or Small Animal Club (Cloverbud Club for ages 5-7): take care of a small animal for a set period of time, record the progress, then “show” the animal at the end of the year.
- SPIN Club: Choose a topic and lead a club for 6 weeks instead of a full year!
- Community Club: Focused on Dare County and the creation of a service project to be enacted throughout the year.
- Butterfly Club: Learn about the growth of butterflies and receive your own kit to watch them grow.
- Environmental Education: Utilize the natural environment in Dare County by learning about environmental sciences, coastal restoration, living shorelines, and more.
- Other ideas welcome!!!
If you are interested in starting a club give us a call (252-473-4290) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can get started!
Follow us on Facebook: Dare County 4-H
Instagram: Dare County 4-H
For more information and for accommodations for persons with disabilities, contact the N.C. Cooperative Extension, Dare County Center at 252-473-4290 or email email@example.com.
NC State University and N.C. A&T State University commit themselves to positive action to secure equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, political beliefs, family and marital status, sex, age, veteran status, sexual identity, genetic information or disability. NC State, N.C. A&T, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments cooperating.