Dare County Family & Consumer Sciences Information
In FCS, we view the family as the cornerstone of a healthy society. Our mission is to improve the well-being of the family through educational programs, influencing public policy, and helping families put research-based knowledge to work in their lives. Focus areas for the work in Dare County include Healthy Eating, Chronic Disease Prevention, Food Preservation, and Food Safety. With cooking demonstrations, hands-on workshops, 4-H camps and more, there’s something for everyone in Family & Consumer Sciences.
All Dare County residents will have access to user-friendly, research-based knowledge that when applied will improve health and well-being.
The goal of the Family & Consumer Sciences program is to:
- Educate the public about the importance of making healthy choices to reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Promote safe food handling practices to reduce the risk of foodborne illness.
- Food Safety Portal (NC State Extension)
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Med Instead of Meds Programming and Recipes
- Upcoming FCS Programs
- Dare County FCS Extension Agent: Dee Furlough
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 252.473.4290
- Facebook: N.C. Cooperative Extension of Dare County
NC State University and N.C. A&T State University commit themselves to positive action to secure equal opportunity and prohibit discrimination and harassment regardless of age, color, disability, family and marital status, genetic information, national origin, political beliefs, race, religion, sexual identity (including pregnancy) and veteran status. NC State, N.C. A&T, U.S. Department of Agriculture, and local governments cooperating.