4-H Fall / Winter Program
Wonderful Wetlands Series:
- October 21st from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- November 4th from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- November 13th from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m.
- Dare County 4-H is partnering with Dare County Soil & Water to offer a series of environmental education programs surrounding wetlands and water management. This program is free for 4-H Youth ages 8-18. Register Here.
Trip to the Pumpkin Patch:
- October 26th from 10 a.m. – Noon
- The Island Farm will be open from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., but Dare County 4-H will get there early! Feel free to stay longer if desired.
- Dare County 4-H will be making the trip to Island Farm in Manteo! There is no registration required to attend. Cost is $8 and due at Island Farm. Transportation is available from the Dare County Cooperative Extension office.
Northeast District Volunteer Leaders’ Day:
- November 2nd from 9:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Read more about the Volunteer Leaders’ Day here.
4-H Christmas Party & Candle Sale:
- November 21st from 4:00 – 6:00 p.m.
- Dare County 4-H is raising funds to provide free educational workshops and camps for Dare County children! Join us at the Dare County N.C. Cooperative Extension office for a Christmas Party and Candle Sale. Browse, snack, socialize, and shop!
- Pre-Order Candles Here.
4-H Volunteers’ Potluck:
- December 17th from 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Join us at the Dare County Cooperative Extension office to discuss plans for the 2020 4-H program year and meet other 4-H Volunteers! Please contact Paige Lilley at 252-473-4290 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to participate.
4-H Healthy Living Teen Retreat:
- January 4-5th (Overnight Trip)
- Join Dare County 4-H at the Healthy Living Leadership Retreat at Millstone 4-H Camp. The retreat is FREE. Counties should bring a team of 4 youth (ages 14-17) and 1 adult. This retreat will focus on youth-adult partnerships, teaching, and leadership.
- Read more about the Healthy Living Retreat here.
Sleeping with the Sharks:
- January 10-11th (Overnight Trip)
- Take part in this fun, educational, and an overnight trip to the NC Aquarium on Roanoke Island! Youth will get to explore the aquarium and receive hands-on experience with marine life. We will be able to enjoy the aquarium all to ourselves as well as sleep under the shark tank!
- Register Here!
4-H Volunteer Leaders’ Conference:
- January 31st-February 2nd (Overnight Trip)
- Read more about the Volunteer Leaders’ Conference here.
Northeast District Horse Bowl:
- February 1st from 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- More information including how to register will be available soon.
Participants registered in 4-H programs must be enrolled in 4HOnline. More information about 4HOnline Enrollment can be found here.
Paige Lilley, Dare County 4-H Extension Agent
- Facebook: Dare County 4-H
- Instagram: darecounty4h
Dare County N.C. Cooperative Extension is an equal opportunity provider.