El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
What are 4-H Presentations?
The 4-H Presentations program is an opportunity for youth to learn about a new topic, develop a presentation, and utilize public speaking skills at the County and District Activity Day competitions.
Confident public speaking is a crucial but often overlooked and underdeveloped skill. Developing effective communication skills and techniques provide youth with a positive sense of self and higher levels of self-confidence. This will empower them to achieve and succeed in any situation they encounter. Additionally, presentations are fun! Presentations allow 4-Hers to explore an area that interests them. There are also scholarship prize opportunities for those who win!
What are the rules?
For this contest, youth ages 8-18, research, write, practice, and deliver a 5-12 minute presentation on a topic of their choice. Youth ages 5-7 can also participate by presenting a 2-4 minute presentation on a subject of their choice. The Dare County 4-H Extension Agent is available to assist youth with presentation preparation such as topic selection, outline, and organization.
The winners at District Activity Day are invited to compete at the state level. Youth from across the state come together to compete for prizes!
- View the NC 4-H Presentation Homepage
- View rules, regulations, and the list of potential topics: 4-H Presentation Topic List & Rubric 2020
- Videos must be single cut – do not do several recordings and splice them together. SINGLE CUT ONLY – just as if youth are presenting live.
- Judges must see youth doing their presentations.
- Teams – use Zoom or something similar to record you both on the screen at the same time. (Use co-host to share the roles)
- Videos can not be bigger than 10GB – smaller is better
- Videos must be .mp4 file format or .mov as these are universal and we should be able to open them easily. Do not send links to the video (including YouTube).
- Please upload the video directly in the google registration. This will be available soon.
What is the Timeline?
4-Hers have the opportunity to present on the county level at County Activity Day. This will act as a mock run for those that decide to participate at District Activity Day.
- County Activity Day: May 27th from 1-4 p.m. – Virtually via Zoom or Video Submission
- District Activity Day: June 15th – Video Submissions Due
- Score Sheets Returned: July 3rd – To prepare for State Presentations
- 4-H State Presentations: July 20th – Video Submissions Due
What is NC 4-H Congress?
Youth ages 13-18 who compete in presentations are invited to join youth from across the state at this exciting leadership event for teens. This is the largest 4-H event in NC! Youth spend several days on NC State University campus developing leadership skills, meeting new friends, attending workshops, and having lots of fun!
- North Carolina 4-H Congress: TBD
To learn more or sign-up for 4-H Presentations, contact Paige Lilley at firstname.lastname@example.org.